Ms Hogan’s Class
A message from Ms Hogan on 31/03/20
I’d like my class to know I’m missing them and I am looking forward to seeing them all again. I would like my class to learn something new – how to tie their shoelaces, how to knit, a new song, a poem, a tune on a musical instrument etc. Design and make something. Draw and learn the names of some of the spring flowers, baby animals and birds . Do pages 70 and 71 in the workbook. Skip/ jump/ bounce a ball to 100. Start at 100 and count backwards. Revise tables. Money. Work it Out week 26 (30th March) and continue on week by week. If possible correct and put in the scores and do the test on Fridays. Make a card, write a letter or send an email to a family member or friend. News, free writing or do a mini project on an animal or whatever they like. Gaeilge- Bia – Am súipéir – uibheacha, leitís, trátaí, sútha talún. An Cháisc – uibheacha Cásca, ubh Chásca, ciseáin. See Twinkl for some worksheets. Try some of the activities and games on the school website. Home school Hub at 11am on RTE 2.
Padlet of work for Ms Hogan’s class
Ms Hogan recommends;
Irish Easter words and colouring on Twinkl
Activity village for games, puzzles, crafts and lots more
She she would love to see them try some science activities – Lots of ideas on the Science Foundation Ireland website
Other activities she suggests are
- plant some seeds (the lovely sunflowers on the nature table might not survive the closures)
- baking – a great way to see maths and science in action (and end up with a tasty treat)
- learn about money and try setting some money problems for the kids to solve ( how much change will I get from..etc) and maybe play shop to see it in action
- Create some Easter decorations (lots of ideas on Activity Village) and decorate your home and windows to cheer up you neighbourhood.
- Play board games with the family
- Try out the short story competition on the main links page by John Boyne or the art competition by O’Brien Press
- Check out Ms Ellard’s Padlet links for 1st /2nd class for more games and activities